Frequently Asked Questions
What is necessary to qualify for services through Autism Services Center?
1) You must be a resident of one of the four West Virginia counties in which we are licensed to provide services. They include Cabell, Lincoln, Mason and Wayne counties. If you live outside that area, you can generally find out who provides services in your area by calling your local Department of Health and Human Resources.
2) You must also have a diagnosis of autism or any other intellectual or developmental disability.
Is there an age limit to qualify for services?
There is no age limit on services but an individual must be diagnosed with an intellectual or developmental disability and be eligible for Title XIX Waiver.
How do I apply for services?
Applications are available on this website. They can also be picked up at our main office or you can contact us and we will be happy to mail an application to you. The completed form is then mailed, faxed or emailed directly to APS Healthcare, Inc. at the address on the form.
Can ASC diagnose my child?
ASC does not provide diagnostic services. A list of licensed psychologists in your area is available by contacting APS Healthcare, Inc. at 1-866-385-8920. Their contact information is also on the Waiver application available under the “Services” tab on this website.
Have Another Question?
We would be most happy to help you with any questions you may have about our services. Please feel free to contact the individuals below for further information at 304-525-8014.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- Jodi Fields, Director
Chris Moore, Assistant Director
Lisa Boster, Manager
Shari Thomas, Generalist
Pam Harmon, Clerk
- Kelly Runyon, Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Alan Albright, Assistant Director
- Jimmie Moss, Director
- Margaret Johnson, Assistant Director
Residential & Community Programs
- Jimmie Beirne, Chief Operations Officer (COO)
- David Finley, Director
- John Curnutte, Asst. Dir. of Residential Programs
- Tracy Vaughan, Asst. Dir. of Community Programs
- Barbara Bragg, Director
- Jessica Adkins, Assistant Director